Highland Dance Rules
- Entries will not be accepted until the post marked date of May 20, 2018.
- Competition starts at 9:00 a.m. for all dancers. National dances will be danced first. Competition will only take place in the morning.
- Dance competition will run under the rules of the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing (SOBHD).
- Competitor numbers will be available at the Main Entrance. Check in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- First-to-enter, last-to-dance. Entries must be postmarked by July 18, 2018. There is a $10 additional late fee, for all entries postmarked on or after, July 19. For entries mailed after July 18, please email Marie Grimes-Darling at Marie.Darling@outlook.com prior to mailing.
- Decision of the judge is final. Any attempt to approach the judge or pipers may result in a disqualification.
- A $20 deposit must accompany any protests. The deposit will be refunded only if the protest is judged as valid. Dancers must dance to pipers provided.
- Any dancer causing a delay will forfeit his or her entry in the event.
- All classes to be split at close of entry. Age is determined as day of competition.
- All dances will count toward aggregate trophy.
- All groups will receive medals except premier classes, who will receive cash awards. An aggregate trophy will be awarded in each class, except Primary, as long as there are at least three (3) dancers in the age group. Prize money for Premier dancers will be as of follows: 1st - $30, 2nd - $20, 3rd - $10.
DANCE ENTRY FEES
- Primary ~ $6 a dance for up to four (4) dances
- Beginner, Novice, Intermediate & Premier ~ $8 a dance for up to four (4) dances
- Note: An additional $2.00 FUSTA fee will be added to each entry fee.